• When we receive an online order, we will check stock availability, before charging your card. If the item is not in stock, we will contact you to confirm and agree the delivery time. And if you would like to go ahead, we will take a deposit of 50%. Then a further 25% of the remaining balance will be charged at the stage where the model is 75% completed. The final outstanding balance on the invoice must be paid prior to the delivery / collection of the ship model.
• The prices shown on this website are based in US Dollars for the convenience of our US clients. Please note we can only process credit card payments in the UK in Pound Sterling, as our head office is in the UK.
• All our prices exclude packing and delivery and taxes. Packing and delivery is confirmed at the point of order or at the point of invoice.
• When ordering products for delivery outside of the EU you may be subject to import duties and taxes, which are levied once the package reaches the specified destination. There may be additional charges for customs clearance and these charges must be borne by you.
• Customs policies vary widely from country to country, so you should contact your local customs office for further information.
• We reserve the right to change our prices at any time. Changes in prices (increases or decreases) will only apply to new orders.
- We shall be under no liability for any delay or failure to deliver products if the delay or failure is wholly or partly caused by circumstances beyond our control.
2. Custom made models
Payment terms for custom and bespoke models are:
• 50% balance is payable upon approval of order.
• 30% payments with the model completed at 2/3rd stage.
• Balance of all amounts due before delivery of model.
• In the event of failure to settle payments within a 2 week period after the approval date of your model, Premier Ship Models reserves the right to offer the ship model for sale.
• We accept payment by PayPal, credit card and bank transfer. Premier Ship Models will accept cleared funds meaning that that all banking charges are borne by the client.
• Premier Ship Models retains title to the goods unless / until full payment has been received.
• Bespoke or custom made models are restricted to returns and refunds due to them being made to client’s requirements and specifications (see below for more information).
• In the event that Premier Ship Models accepts the return of a custom made ship model or the cancellation of an order for a custom made ship model, the initial deposit will be retained.
• All other associated costs such as freight and courier charges are the responsibility of the client.
3. Orders for custom made models
• All the specifications required for a custom made ship model is documented in a Model Maker’s Brief (MMB) and this forms part of the contract with Premier Ship Models and is used to determine the invoice and timescale for delivery. If there are any changes to be made to the ship model after production has begun, this may result in additional cost and build time. The MMB document forms the basis for the build of the model, and requires sign off by the client, and outlines what will be delivered.
• It is the client's responsibility to check any research material (e.g. drawings and plans and pictures) that will be used to make their model. Failure to do so, may result in additional costs and build time at a later stage.
• Disbursements incurred by Premier Ship Models on behalf of clients who order custom made models cannot be refunded as full information will be given at the time of order.
• The prices quoted for custom made models are based on multiple models made thereafter. If the client would like exclusivity of the model to be made then this must be brought to the attention of Premier Ship Models in writing at the time of order and would be priced accordingly.
• Clients are given pictures of the models at different stages of construction. In the event of no response / feedback within 10 working days, we will assume the client is satisfied with the model, and the model build will continue.
• It is the responsibility of the client to ensure that any corrections are picked up when the pictures (and any other information) are sent. We may not be able to accommodate corrections that should have been picked up on previous information and pictures sent to the client, as the model progression may make this impossible. Please check the pictures carefully as they form the basis of acceptance of the model ships.
• Please note deposits are non-refundable in the case of custom orders.
4. Delivery of Models
Please Note the following:
• We are bound by the terms and conditions of our Courier Company and as such it is vital that if any of the ship models are damaged when delivered, it should be reported to Premier Ship Models within 48 hours of delivery.
• We are not able to guarantee any refunds or return of goods if it is after this timescale. The courier receipt must be noted and all models must be retained in the original packaging for insurance purposes.
• We will require pictures of the damaged items. In the event of damage, an exchange of goods or repair will apply, subject to our insurance policy. The damaged items must be returned to Premier Ship Models.
• Our chosen courier is DHL, and this may change from time to time. Once your goods have been dispatched we will provide a tracking numbers so that you are able to track your parcel. Alternately, delivery can be arranged by sea freight if applicable. We are bound by the terms and conditions of our couriers and would pass the same to our client.
• Delivery lead time depends on stock levels. Ship models in stock are usually delivered within 1 week, and those out of stock can take up to 20 weeks (this is because all our model ships are 100% handmade and may involve research and product development).
• Delivery lead times are confirmed at the point of order.
• All goods are dispatched from our UK Head Office. Please note, as mentioned above, the clients are responsible for any local duties and taxes.
5. Restoration work
• Details of the restoration work to be done will be fully discussed with clients prior to the commencement of work. As the work progresses pictures will be sent for approval. Please note you can download the restoration enquiry once you have signed in on the site. This also contains an outline of the process for our restoration service.
• Please note we can only confirm our restoration quotes once we receive the model and the model maker assess the work up close. Any additional charges will require the authorization of the client, before any work is carried out.
6. Display cases
• The exact size of the case is decided by the client. Whilst we can make recommendations on the size of the cases, the measurements given by the client will be used to make the display case.
• Please ask for advice prior to ordering kits, especially as regards the level of proficiency required to build the model. The standard conditions as regards returns and cancelled orders also apply to kits.
• These terms and conditions shall be construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.
9. Terms and Condition of Use
Access to Website
The access to this website is given subject to our terms and conditions and any orders placed will be govern by the aforementioned terms and conditions.
Information provided by you
You confirm that:
• When you register your personal information on the website, it is current, accurate and truthful.
• Any changes to your personal information will be communicated to us.
You agree fully to indemnify, defend and hold us, and our officers, directors, employees, agents and suppliers, harmless immediately on demand, from and against all claims, liability, damages, losses, costs and expenses, including reasonable legal fees, arising out of any breach of the Conditions by you or any other liabilities arising out of your use of this Website, or the use by any other person accessing the Website using your Personal Information.
We reserve the right to:
• Amend or remove contents or any part of this website whether on a temporary or permanent basis without notice to you and you confirm that we shall not be liable to you or any third party for any modification to or withdrawal of the Website; and/or
• Change our Terms and Conditions from time to time, and your continued use of the Website (or any part thereof) following such change shall be deemed to be your acceptance of such change. It is your responsibility to check regularly to determine whether the Terms and Conditions have been changed. If you do not agree to any change to the Terms and Conditions then you must immediately stop using the Website.
10. Third party links
To provide increased value to our Users, we may provide links to other websites or resources for you to access at your sole discretion. You acknowledge and agree that, as you have chosen to enter the linked website we are not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and do not review or endorse and are not responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for (i) the privacy practices of such websites, (ii) the content of such websites, including (without limitation) any advertising, content, products, goods or other materials or services on or available from such websites or resources or (iii) the use to which others make of these websites or resources, nor for any damage, loss or offence caused or alleged to be caused by, or in connection with, the use of or reliance on any such advertising, content, products, goods or other materials or services available on such external websites or resources.