|Dimensions L x H x W||30 × 70 × 15 cm|
|Choose Your Size|
About the Vessel
The Flying Fish – a two-masted schooner was designed by the renowned ship builder Jeremie Burnham. She was launched in 1860 at Massachusetts, USA. For a period of 20 years, her design dominated the niche of schooners and many ship builders at that time used the design of the flying fish as a model to recreate other ships.
Till date, the schooner remains a very popular model. Her weight was around 150 tonnes and she was armed with 9 or 10 crushers and 12 carronades, with a bridge length of just under 79 feet. Due to its rare construction features and huge sail area, she was one of the fastest ships at that time and she always brought her cargo of fish and fishermen to Gloucester in the fixed time.
She was one of the great corsairs of the Napoleonic wars. European countries used to buy schooners built in America. The shortage of privateers led the French government to the United States in search of these ships. The capture of some of these boats attracted protests from the British government.
About the Model Ship Kit
- Scale: 1:50
- Double plank-on-bulkhead kit
- Laser-cut keel and frames, pre-made sails, and cast metal fittings
- A user manual is given with the boat making kit that has all the information in English language, regarding assembling the various parts of the kit altogether
- Our boat making kits feature planks-on-frame type of construction to ensure that each part delivers excellent longevity. You will find hand-painted parts that add more exclusivity to the model
- From hotel lobbies to recreation areas in resorts, from educational institutions to interior designing projects, the demand for our handcrafted ship model kit is widespread. Repeat customers include graduate program projects and collectors
Our model ship kits are created with extreme care on ensuring that users across all levels get a rewarding ship building experience. Whether you have vast experience in ship modelling or you are just getting started in this wonderful niche, our ship model kits will not challenge you. They are packed with easy-to-understand instructions. You can browse our huge collection of boat building kits Here
Tools for Ship Building Project
Building a ship model requires some specific tools that don’t have a substitute. These tools include blades, hammer, pins, tweezers and much more. We ensure that you will get all the necessary tools and accessories for grooming your collection. From pin pushers to clever devices that help you create a robust frame, we have all the tools that a boat model builder might need. Explore our vast collection of boat building Tool Kits by Clicking Here!