North Light Tug Boat Model Ship Kit
Kit contains all necessary mouldings, printed overlays, CNC cut wood parts, drawings and diagrams for assembly. There are over 200 white metal fittings and it is in their authenticity and feel that the charm of this finished model shows. Awarded a gold medal at the Nuremburg Toy Fair of 1984 it was a first for any British kit manufacturer and a first for any marine model kit from around the world. This kit also fills a corner for the static modeller looking for a cased model that is a little different. Crew member figures are included.
This is a reconstruction scale model of a typical Scottish tug boat, more commonly known as ‘Clyde Puffer’. It was coal fired and used as a vital connection between the west coast of Scotland and the Hebrides Isles. This type of boat has been popularised through the short stories and later a television show by Neil Munro about the Vital Spark and her captain Para Handy.
- Single mast, coal fired tug boat used as a supply ship
- Used between the mid 1800’s and early 1900’s
- Supplying remote settlements in the Scottish Hebrides Isles
- Flat bottom shape of the hull allowed them to easily beach and unload at low tide
Details of the model boat kit
- Glass reinforced plastic pre-built hull
- CNC cut superstructure
- All fixtures and fittings included to create an accurate replica
- Scale 1 to 32
- Full instructions in clear English
- Suitable for r/c adaptation
- Worldwide delivery
Tool kits and display cases
Alongside our offering of model ship kits, we also offer tool kits useful for helping the model maker to complete their project. This can range from plank benders to building slips – to see our full range of tool kits please click here. To store your model safely and securely once it is completed, you can order one of our bespoke display cases through this webpage. If you have any questions about this kit or our services, please feel free to contact us.