USS Texas (BB-35), the second ship of the United States Navy named in honor of the U.S. state of Texas, is a New York-class battleship.
Tough not the oldest surviving battleship, USS Texas is amongst the world’s remaining battleships, notable for being the only remaining dreadnought battleship. The USS Texas is one of only six remaining ships to have served in both World Wars.
The USS Texas had accomplished many first for a US battleship;
- First to house a permanently assigned contingent of US Marines,
- First to mount anti-aircraft guns
- First to control gunfire with directors and range-keepers
- First US battleship to launch an aircraft from a catapult on Turret 3
- First to receive the CXAM-1 version of CXAM production radar in the US Navy
- First to become a permanent museum ship
- First battleship declared to be a US National Historic Landmark
This magnificent USS Texas Ship model showcases our exquisite craftsmanship. With years of experience, our worldwide artisanal craftsmen use locally sourced exotic woods and resources to produce a museum standard, hand crafted models. These skilled craftsmen in our workshops ensure that each model is of high quality and are accurate replicas of original ships. Get this wonderful model of the USS Texas Ship today, to sit proudly as feature in any room